Monday, February 19, 2007

An Aside About Things I Can’t Wait to Do.




To see Kel (that has to go first):
To have a bath
To see my family and friends – especially my Mum.
To drink out of a proper cup that isn’t polystyrene
To have a cup of tea that’s not been microwaved and doesn’t taste of shit.
To use a toilet that actually flushes and isn’t basically a plastic bag.
To be able to eat my breakfast without having to make some inane conversation with an overly friendly American who’s had too much coffee.
To sleep in my own bed.
To cook my own food.
To have a fresh fruit smoothie.
To go for a run in Battersea park in the spring sunshine.
To go outside without having to put on fifty different items of clothing.
To have a beer.
To play pool.
To set foot in England.
To have my mobile work again.
To access the net whenever…
To be able to contact people with ease
To be able to go to the corner shop, if I want to.
To read a newspaper (even if its the daily mail)
To play squash or golf.
To go to the cinema.
To ride my bike to work.
To not to worry about whether I’m missing anything I should be filming on the rig.
To be able to speak English and be understood.
To be able to go for a piss without having to march down the entire length of the camp to the toilet.

No comments: