Tuesday, February 13, 2007

4th Feb CABIN FEVER





Shot a few important indoor scenes – going to bed, eating, arriving – etc….. Pretty non eventful, dull day – both Sam and I are finding the camp a bit claustrophobic. (almost everytime we go outside – its incredible and exhilarating, but you can’t stay out there for long.) Plus all the work on the rig is indoors and fairly dull at the moment, so not really worth covering, until they drill. And our main character for our B Story is proving very elusive. So we’re stuck in camp reading, playing chess, listening to music writing diaries and doing logs.

(We’ve had our email access restricted too, and there are no international phones so we feel very cut off.)

Nice to chill for a bit, but you do get cabin fever after a bit. I feel like I’ve spent a lifetime in our pokey room and walked up and down the never ending corridor an infinite number of times. (See pic). The toilet is right down the other end of the camp and there is just one very long (100m) corridor that leads to it. Drinking enough water to keep rehydrated you have to go the loo a lot – I’m sure I see this corridor in my sleep.

Could quite easily lose it up here – no wonder they keep the shifts down to two weeks usually. Especially when there’s no day light whatsoever. (We’ve already done 3!!!!!)

Got an email from my series producer asking me to finish up and go to Texas with no explanation whatsoever ? Told him we wanna stay for the spudding in (start of the drilling). Someone will have to return in 4/5 weeks time to get the end of the prog – the rig demob and loading onto a Hercules C130 before being flown off to its next exploratory location.

No way I’m going to Texas for another film – looking forward to editing this one in Soho too much.

No comments: